The Amazing World of Psychiatry blog is a celebration of psychiatry and the benefits it brings to people and society.
There is a loose structure to the blog with a rotating 7 day schedule
1. Review of a biological paper in psychiatry
2. Review of a psychological paper in psychiatry
3. Review of a sociological paper in psychiatry
4. Weekly review of a book in psychiatry or related areas
5. Review of a psychiatry related blog
6. Weekly review of news (including any relevant blog updates)
7. Weekly review of psychiatry related podcasts
There will also be miscellaneous articles.
The blog is geared to those with an interest in psychiatry, be that psychiatrists, allied health professionals or people who are simply interested to find out more about psychiatry. I will be experimenting with accessibility so there may be some subtle changes in presentation. Sometimes I might get a little bit carried away with anthropology! If you have any thoughts about how the blog might be improved, please do leave comments.
Conflict of Interest Declaration (13.10.08)
I have received a one-off paid speaker fee for a talk on an antidepressant in 2006 but none subsequently. I have previously attended pharmaceutical-sponsored talks with meals. This should not however bias my writing on this blog.
I am training in EMDR and may be biased in selecting papers in this area (including those on dissociation).