October 10th is World Mental Health Day (TM). This year the theme is ‘Mental Health and Older People’. World Mental Health Day (TM) was started by the World Mental Health Federation. There is a document here which details this year’s theme. The theme is chosen by the Board of Directors of the World Mental Health Federation.
In the article above there are several essays.
(1) Mental Health of Older Adults: Addressing a Growing Concern
(2) A Day to Reflect on the Mental Health and Wellbeing of Older People Around the World
(3) More About Dementia and Older Adults
(4) A Guide to Mental Wellness in Older Age: Depression and Older Adults
(5) The Role of Social Interventions and Rehabilitation in the Care of Older Adults
(6) Managing Complexity and Multimorbidity in Older Adults: Time to Act
(7) Healthy Ageing: Keeping Mentally Fit as You Age
(8) Mental Health Service for the Elderly in Thailand
(9) Person Centred Care for Older Adults – “The Culture Change Movement”
(10) Grief and Older Adults
(11) Caring for the Alzheimer’s Disease Patient
(12) Collaborating with Families in the Care of Elderly Patients
(13) FACT SHEET: Taking Care of You. Self-care for family caregivers
(14) Caregivers of Older Adults: Challenges and Support
World Mental Health Day (TM) is a registered trademark of the World Mental Health Federation.
Index: There are indices for the TAWOP site here and here Twitter: You can follow ‘The Amazing World of Psychiatry’ Twitter by clicking on this link. Podcast: You can listen to this post on Odiogo by clicking on this link (there may be a small delay between publishing of the blog article and the availability of the podcast). It is available for a limited period. TAWOP Channel: You can follow the TAWOP Channel on YouTube by clicking on this link. Responses: If you have any comments, you can leave them below or alternatively e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Disclaimer: The comments made here represent the opinions of the author and do not represent the profession or any body/organisation. The comments made here are not meant as a source of medical advice and those seeking medical advice are advised to consult with their own doctor. The author is not responsible for the contents of any external sites that are linked to in this blog.