The NHS Digital Strategy has five parts. The second part focuses on a shared architecture and standards. The vision includes
- The development of a national platform
- Enabling citizens to view and contribute to their records
- A roadmap for interfaces to core services such as the NHS spine
- Encouragement of local innovation
- Partnerships to develop standards and accreditation
The strategy links to
- The National Information Board framework
- The Academy of Royal Medical Colleges Publication Standards for the Clinical Structure and Content of Patient Records
What is the ‘Information and Technology for Better Care’ Paper?
NHS Digital (formerly known as The Health and Social Care Information Centre) published a 5 year strategy in 2015 titled ‘Information and Technology for Better Care’. This document covers a number of areas.
https://digital.nhs.uk/article/249/Our-Strategy, accessed 20.4.17
Twitter: You can follow ‘The Amazing World of Psychiatry’ Twitter by clicking on this link.
TAWOP Channel: You can follow the TAWOP Channel on YouTube by clicking on this link.
Responses: If you have any comments, you can leave them below or alternatively e-mail email@example.com.
Disclaimer: The comments made here represent the opinions of the author and do not represent the profession or any body/organisation. The comments made here are not meant as a source of medical advice and those seeking medical advice are advised to consult with their own doctor. The author is not responsible for the contents of any external sites that are linked to in this blog.
Conflicts of Interest: *For potential conflicts of interest please see the About section”